Now that your website is up and running doesn’t mean you are done with it. Web maintenance still needs to be done frequently if you want your site to remain functional. Lack of website maintenance mostly leads to malfunctioning, making you miss out on leads or sales. A lot of businesses don’t accord web maintenance the importance it does. This can be dangerous because if an integral part of your business is working optimally, you won’t be moving in the right direction.
What is Website Maintenance?
These are the tasks or activities ensure your site is functioning correctly and is up to date. Web maintenance mainly entails diagnosing the website for issues, correcting them, and making necessary updates. If you have some coding skills, you can conduct web maintenance by yourself. However, hiring an expert digital agency to be in charge of maintenance is essential since they have more knowledge, experience and have the time to assess all issues.
Why Should I Have a Website Maintenance Plan?
Now that you know what website maintenance is, let’s see why you must plan your site to be maintained regularly.
- It ensures you give your clients a good impression – A website is the face of all online businesses. It’s what clients see when they look up your brand or search for your products. If it’s malfunctioning, they will have a negative impression, which can affect their decision.
- Your website’s functionality is essential in facilitating sales – Assuming you run an e-commerce store. How many sales will you miss out on just because of a glitch on your site?
- A well-maintained website improves user experience – If everything on your site is working well, your clients will have a lovely time shopping on your website. Expect the vice versa if your site isn’t maintained.
- Web maintenance enhances security – Stores that facilitate monetary transactions or store client details need regular maintenance. This prevents hacks and breaches. An online store that is currently facing cyber-attacks loses its credibility.
- Web maintenance goes hand in hand with SEO – Because of lack of maintenance, if visitors are always leaving your site immediately after opening it. That sends a signal to Google that your site is irrelevant. All your SEO efforts will go down the drain.
What Does Website Maintenance Include?
By now, you understand the importance of web maintenance. But before you subscribe to such a plan, it is vital that you know what it entails.
1. Troubleshooting Web Issues
Because websites are created by human beings, they are likely to experience some issues from time to time. That’s where troubleshooting comes in handy. Let’s say your website is down. Some pages aren’t loading. A reputable digital agency should be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and fix these issues for you.
2. Installation of Security Updates
There are many ways hackers can infiltrate a website. When one of your security measures expires or becomes outdated, that’s an entry point for hackers. Through regular updates, your web developer can install new and better security updates that will keep malware and viruses away from your site.
3. Integrating and Updating Plugins
Your site needs plugins to support certain functions. New plugins are being developed every day, which can improve user experience. An integral part of web maintenance involves installing new and updating plugins. This makes your website perform and function better.
4. Essential Website Changes
At times, web maintenance entails more than just troubleshooting and upgrading plugins. As time goes by, there arises the need to change certain elements. This may include contact information, details on the about us page, or even the entire web layout. If you have a website maintenance plan, it can be very easy to make these changes.
What Should I Look for in a Website Maintenance Provider?
The most important thing you should consider is finding a provider that understands the importance of website maintenance. They should also be experienced with offering such services and always be available for assistance. The ideal web maintenance partner should have a flexible payment structure for such services.
Marvel Marketing ticks all the above boxes when it comes to providing web maintenance services. Whether your site is new or has been around for years, we can ensure your site functions seamlessly, and your visitors enjoy the best experiences.