Guidelines on Getting the Best Website Speed
The speed of a website is crucial. Whenever a person tries to enter a website, the speed determines a lot. Several people get impatient with the speed of a website and decide to leave it. This is because the website may be rich in content and have had the best SEO services leading the potential customer to the website. However, if the website is too slow, you can lose many potential customers in the process.
Website speed optimization is a tactic that people use to improve the speeds of their websites. Yes, the speeds of a website aren’t completely automatically generated. There are several factors that can influence the speed of your website, and you should ensure that you are on the right side of it all. As there are things that will make your website faster and seamless, there are those that will make it slower. Therefore, it is vital to know what is causing your website to slow down. If possible, you can get your website faster with website speed optimization techniques.
Of all your SEO efforts, most of it leads to your website. If it is not in the best shape possible, all your efforts could get clients to your website can be nullified. That can cause a loss in potential income, and overall losses as the efforts that you will have put into the SEO will be void. Monitoring the speed of your website constantly is vital to ensure that you are performing at peak speeds. Tweaks to your website from time to time can make the speeds go lower. Therefore, you should ensure that your speeds are at top levels always.
What Is Considered a Good Website Speed
To know what website speed you are supposed to be aiming for, then you should know what is considered a good website speed. You will be surprised that the standard loading time for a website is seen to be about 2-seconds. Most people will exit a website when they feel that the loading time is too slow. Therefore, it is vital to ensure that your website speeds are at a place where people can access what they want fast and without any hassle. Without a good website speed, no one can reach the content you have, even if the content is very good.
How People Can Get a Good Website Speeds
A good website speed goes a long way. It can ensure that you have a better conversion rate as you’ll ensure that the website visitors aren’t frustrated by the speeds. However, to ensure that happens, you need to know how to get your speeds up. You will also need to get analytics that shows what is causing the speed of your website to go down. Knowing those to you can achieve high website speeds. Also, there are fundamental practices that you can follow to get better website speeds. The actions that you should take:
- Enable website caching – Website caches temporarily store a user’s data when they first enter the website. Each time they load the site again, they will get faster speeds. That is because the stored data doesn’t have to be reloaded again. This can be done through manual code, general settings, or plugins that are present in WordPress sites such as W3 Cache.
- Plugin audits – Plugins are known to increase the functionality of a website. People who use WordPress enjoy this as it has a lot of plugins that add in good functionality. However, this can weigh your website down and make it very slow. A plugin audit can see which plugins are causing problems with speed, and you can take the necessary actions.
- Compress site files – The site loads of data that you have can be compressed to make the website faster. Then the site files are compressed. They don’t take too long to load.
- Reducing the number of redirects – the number of redirects can cause a longer loading time to your website. Redirects usually require extra HTTP links, which can cause your website to become slower. Limiting the number of redirects will lead to better speeds.
- Optimal graphics formatting – using large graphics will lead to faster loading times. Part of SEO is finding the optimal size of graphics that you need to use. The images that are placed on your site should be in a size that your website can deal with. Using the right image type can be pivotal. Different image types include PNG, JPEG, GIF, and SVG.
- Using a better host – your website host also will determine the speeds that you can get. Upgrading to a better host can solve your speed problems. You may have a host that doesn’t have the proper infrastructure, and you should move to work with the best ones that you can get.
- Host videos on third-party sites – You can host videos on third-sites such as YouTube and Vimeo instead of your main site. Videos are usually large and can make the loading page of your website very slow.
Importance of a Good Website Speed
Speeds matter a lot when it comes to a website. When a person enters a new website, it takes them about 15-seconds to decide whether they are sticking with it or not. It will be of no help if your loading time is nearly half of that. Good website speed helps in the retention of customers and can make potential customer conversion happen faster. You need to have a fast website so that your content can be accessed without any hassle. It is vital to learn about the different things that could be slowing your website and work towards solving such problems. There are several techniques that you can use to improve your website speed as well. Website speed is a big part of SEO, and everyone should be keen on it.
What’s the next step?