Website redesigns can be daunting, but with a little planning and consideration, you can make sure your new website looks great and performs well. Here are a few things to keep in mind when designing your new website:
All great websites are built around a set of objectives, so make sure you start by putting SMART goals in place.
What is a SMART goal? It’s a goal with a specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound objective.
By putting these goals in place first and foremost, you can make sure you’re designing a website that will achieve the objectives you’re looking to meet.
Your website needs to be structured to make it easy for users to find the content they’re looking for. If a visitor can’t find what they’re looking for within a few clicks, they’ll bounce. Keep this in mind when designing your site’s hierarchy.
What’s Working and What’s Not
Before you start designing your new website, it’s important to take a look at your current website and analyze what’s working and what’s not. This will help you determine what needs to be kept and what can be changed or improved.
- Some things you may want to consider include:
- Are visitors able to find what they’re looking for?
- Is the website easy to navigate?
- Is the website visually appealing?
- Are the pages loading quickly?
- Are there any broken links or images?
- Are there any design or usability issues?
Once you’ve identified what needs to be changed or improved, you can start designing your new website.
Layout and Design
When designing your new website, it’s important to choose a layout and design that is visually appealing and easy to navigate. Some things to consider include:
- Layout: Choose a layout that is easy to navigate and fits the needs of your website.
- Colors: Choose colors that are visually appealing and reflect the tone of your website.
- Fonts: Choose fonts that are easy to read and look professional.
- Images: Use high-quality images that are visually appealing and relevant to your website.
- Buttons: Use buttons that are easy to see and easy to click.
- Navigation: Make sure the navigation is easy to understand and easy to use.
- Forms: Make sure the forms are easy to fill out and submit.
Make sure the content is informative and easy to understand. Some things to consider include:
- Is the content relevant and easy to understand?
- Are the text and images easy to read and visually appealing?
- Is the content organized and easy to follow?
Make sure the content is placed correctly and displayed correctly.
Site speed plays a huge role in a website’s overall performance. Some things to consider include:
- Reduce your page load time.
- Compress your images.
- Optimize your website.
- Add video compression.
- Remove unnecessary scripts and files.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
When designing your new website, make sure you use SEO best practices to ensure potential customers easily find your site. Some things to consider include:
- Choose keywords that are relevant to your website.
- Optimize your website for search engines.
- Add meta descriptions and titles.
To Sum up
A website redesign is a big undertaking, but it doesn’t have to be as daunting as it sounds. By using the tips outlined in this guide, you can ensure your redesign goes smoothly, and you end up with a better-performing and better-looking website.
Marvel Marketing is a reputable Calgary marketing company that can help you with web design. Here, we will ensure you get a web design that will drive traffic. Get in touch with us.