With the advent of new online platforms, one can be misled to think that email is done and dusted. Contrary to this opinion, email is now more popular than ever. The majority of consumers today prefer to be contacted via email. And it’s because of these reasons why business and companies should upgrade their email marketing strategies. As we soldier into 2022, here are some ways you can build an effective email marketing approach.
First, Why Should I Use Email Marketing?
Before we offer insight into improving email marketing, let us see why you should be using this form of marketing.
- It offers a significant return on investment. Email marketing delivers more than six times ROI than social media and YouTube marketing.
- Email marketing offers a more personalized mode of communication. It is direct, and this can boost relationships with customers.
- This method of marketing enables you to gauge effectiveness through analytics.
- When paired with SEO and SMM, it can help you convert leads and increase sales.
- It follows ethical marketing principles since the clients themselves subscribe to marketing campaigns.
How Email Marketing Works?
Another fundamental aspect of email marketing is knowing how it works. This comes in very handy when it comes to the actual creation of the campaigns.
For this to work, you need to get subscribers (opt-in methods), a number of subscribers, and an email service provider. Opt-in methods entail the use of sign-up forms and things that will persuade your viewers to subscribe to email newsletters. After building a list of subscribers, you will require an email service provider. These tools allow you to segment your subscribers, track analytics, and more.
Why Should My Business have an Email Marketing Plan?
There are a wide range of benefits that you can realize from an email marketing campaign;
- It allows you to reach many people. This, in turn, boosts brand recognition and trust.
- Because it takes on a personalized approach, email campaigns improve customer relationships, boosting loyalty.
- Email marketing is more affordable and less time-consuming than advertising and other methods of improving brand awareness.
- You get your own list of subscribers. Unlike social media, where you rely on other people’s profiles. Here you have your own list, which you can tailor and personalize communication as you want.
Building an Email Campaign Marketing List
1st Step – Optimize Your Web Pages
You first have to optimize your web pages, more specifically, the home and about us pages. This can be done by adding a sign-up box accompanied by a persuasive CTA. Alternatively, you can add a link that readers can click when they are interested in opt-in to newsletters.
2nd Step – Come Up with Impressive Lead Magnets
A lead magnet is what you use to get an email address from a consumer. It is like an incentive to offer your visitors in exchange for their subscription. This can be a giveaway, gift, access to premium content, and anything that appeals to your potential leads. Feel free to be as creative as you can.
3rd – Create an Appealing Form
As you create an opt-in method, ensure that the form you are using is easily navigable and looks appealing. After filling in the form, the users can be directed to your email marketing landing page.
How to Successfully Execute an Email Marketing Plan?
- Follow the drip sequence – This technique involves following a series of actions dictated by the user. For example, you can send a thank-you email when a user subscribes. From there, you can follow up with a lead magnet and so on till you build a solid connection.
- Always divide your audience – Not all your consumers will share the same characteristics. Segmenting them into demographics, age, and gender, amongst others, will help you communicate efficiently.
- Ensure your content is appealing – Ranging from the email campaign design to your landing pages, the content you use should be eye-catching. Keep yourself updated with the latest email marketing trends, such as brand storytelling.
- Don’t forget to keep the design simple and relevant.
As you layout marketing plans for your company in 2022, don’t forget about email marketing. Hiring an experienced digital agency such as Marvel Marketing can help you develop an effective strategy that will suit your business.